Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wow, my first comment!!!




Ok, here goes again .... second post! I will be better, I promise. I have a couple followers now and I feel a responsibility to you!! I'm still learning about posting and all this fun stuff. Been busy finishing holiday gifts, projects and anxiously awaiting my youngest son's return from college on Saturday evening! Yeah! I am certainly not as prolific of a seamstress/quilter/crafter as a lot of bloggers, but I love to read all about your fabulous work and get new ideas about what I hope to someday do. I have made kitchen towels with heart shaped potholders (my "signature" Christmas gift ... always requested, or rather demanded, by my family), coasters, mug rugs and a quilt (the "Purple Burple" that is currently my blog picture) for my mother. I'm currently sitting in my cozy chair watching the news, trying to avoid the binding on that quilt ... I will now go upstairs and finish it ... and post a finished picture ... I promise! Thanks for stopping by. (I've changed my header pic as I FINALLY finished the purple quilt! I'll add more later, but am so glad to be done!!!) So the first pic is an "up close" of the front and back of the purple quilt, the second are pinecone ornaments I made years ago that I just love and think I'll make some more of them, and the last is a pic of some of my Christmas gifts ... which I mentioned above .... enjoy. Have a great day. K

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the purple quilt - it is beautiful! I really like the pinecones you made. And all of your Christmas gifts are wonderful. You will be making some people very happy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm so happy to have finished the quilt for my mom! Someday I'll do a tutorial on the pinecones ... they are time consuming, but easy and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Purple is my favorite color! The quilt is gorgeous,so bright and beautiful! The pattern look little difficult. Is it?

    I would love to see your tutorial on the pinecones. They are so pretty!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern is EASY ... loved it. It is essentially a 9 patch with the X-Block ruler to cut them sideways ... and use the leftovers in the border. No wasted fabric at all!! Pretty awesome really! It went really fast ... the border is a little time consuming because you have to sew so many together, but no biggie really. I promise to get that tutorial up in the not too distant future!!! Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

    ReplyDelete